Who we are
Our website address is: https://socialimpactil.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Social Impact Israel content
6. Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the SII websites are available only with registration, login and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. The SII is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact SII immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
8. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the SII websites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the SII websites by other users or with the SII’s operation and management of the SII websites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the SII websites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an SII registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, the SII reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the SII websites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the SII websites, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including the SII, through your use of the SII websites.
10. Proprietary Rights. The content of the SII websites includes, without limitation, (i) the SII’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “SII Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the SII websites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “SII Content”). SII Content is the property of the SII, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any SII Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the SII or the owner of such content if the SII is not the owner. Any use of the SII Marks without the SII’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the SII Content, including any such notices appearing on any SII Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the SII websites.
11. Responsibility for Use of the Internet and the SII websites. Use of the Internet and the SII websites is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. The SII does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the SII websites over the Internet or other communication network. The SII shall not be obligated to correct or update the SII websites, the SII Content or the User-Generated Content and the SII shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the SII websites.
12. Disclaimer. SII Content is provided for informational purposes only, is believed to be current and accurate at the time of posting, and is not intended as, and should not be construed to be, legal, financial, medical, or consulting advice. Physicians and other qualified health care practitioners should exercise their professional judgment in connection with the provision of services and should seek legal advice regarding any legal questions. References and links to third parties do not constitute an endorsement or warranty by the SII and SII hereby disclaims all express and implied warranties of any kind.
13. Patient Information. The SII websites, including any public forums which you may access via the SII websites, may contain confidential patient information (“Patient Information”). State and federal laws, as well as ethical and licensure requirements, may impose obligations with respect to patient confidentiality that may limit your ability to receive, disclose, or make use of Patient Information, including transmitting Patient Information to others. You warrant that you will comply with all laws that may directly or indirectly govern your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, or storage of Patient Information. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining any patient consents, if applicable, and all other consents or permissions required by law or advisable with respect to your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information. You shall be solely responsible for your retrieval, use or misuse, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information.
14. Third Party Information. The SII websites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, User-Generated Content or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the SII websites are those of the respective third party and not of the SII or its affiliates. The SII makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
15. Advertisers. The SII websites may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the SII websites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by the SII. The SII shall not be responsible for any loss or dSIIge of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the SII websites. Further, the SII shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the SII websites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
16. Links to Third Party websites. The SII websites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which the SII exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links (provided by the SII or by a third party) is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the SII websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
17. Links to SII websites and SII Content. Links posted by third parties to the SII websites and/or SII Content may not use the SII trademark or logo and shall not suggest that the SII promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the SII websites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. The SII reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates the SII’s rights or causes interruption or deterioration of SII Content.
18. Warranties Disclaimed. THE SII WEBSITES AND SII CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER THE SII, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “SII PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SII WEBSITES OR SII CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE SII WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SII WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) SII CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE SII WEBSITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
19. Limitation of Liability. THE SII PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DSIIGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DSIIGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING (i) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SII WEBSITES AND/OR ANY SII CONTENT; (ii) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SII WEBSITES AND/OR SII CONTENT; (iii) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE SII WEBSITES, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SII WEBSITES; (v) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SII WEBSITES; (vii) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE SII WEBSITES ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND THE SII’S CONTROL; (viii) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE SII CONTENT; (ix) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE SII WEBSITES (x) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR (xi) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SII WEBSITES OR SII CONTENT.
20. This website (the “SII”) Blog is published and provided for informational and entertainment purposes only. The information in the SII blog constitutes the Content Creator’s own opinions (and any guest bloggers posting from time to time) and it should not be regarded as a description of services provided by us.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or classwide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or any State of Illinois court located in Cook County, Illinois.
28. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the SII websites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Revised November 2020